Local color - I can upload but I couldn't see the images when I picked them, so hopefully I randomly chose good ones.
This is the place I am doing my teaching, building on the right. This is the nice part of Kolkata, Salt Lake City. Life in the 'burbs. Not every window has glass some just have bars or shutters. The place I am teaching has broken plumbing and a hole in the floor for the bathroom - nice to be a guy. Two of the guys I am training live in this apartment complex.
I was also thinking today that I haven't seen a doorknob in this whole country. Doors just have bolts and padlocks - even our hotel room is a bolt with a padlock.
Praying that God will provide all that you need to do all that you are being asked to do. Blessings, Pam
ReplyDeletepete- got your text message but not exactly sure what you needed. I did open your mailbox but found nothing marked "Delhi" - nothing about driver. I wasn't sure when the message should have arrived? Let me know if I can help. Praying for protection and for strength and stamina. Bless you both!
ReplyDeleteTracy
The hole in the floor was referred to as a "Squatty" by the ladies in our group. The "international" hotel had a porcelin commode and I found I had sufficient control never to need to use the other version. Doorknobs were another western affectation we had in the hotel. At the time I did not appreciate how spoiled we were. I am trying to decide if the architectural style of these buildings should be called post-tenemant or war zone chic.
ReplyDeleteSo looking at the human powered ricshaws, are these your "taxis"? In Bangalore these vehicles were motorized and ran on propane. But I bet the drivers weren't as fit as these guys! Brad
No post from you today, Thursday. I pray everything is going well with you, and I pray you are getting enough rest and good food. We love you.
ReplyDeleteHaven't heard from you today (Thursday) hoping all is well. Praying for you both to be refreshed and engergized and for you to be vessels for the Holy Spirit to work through.
ReplyDeleteBlessings to you both! Shannon M.
Anxiously waiting to hear how today went. Praying you receive the guidance you need to do what the Lord has put you there to do.
ReplyDelete{{{HUGS}}}
Nancy
Enjoying praying for you. God will equip you for every good work. His love compels you beyond your own ability and through His strength you are able to keep going. Life in other parts of the world has its own rhythm and thankful that you are beginning to feel that different beat. Love ya much and appreciate the blog. Big squeeze, Kathy I.
ReplyDelete